Sunday, August 19, 2012

Introduction


Welcome to my new blog, "Random Smack from Oz."  Here I will be discussing random political and social issues that I find of interest.  I welcome dissenting opinions, as I try to be open-minded and consider all sides to an issue.  We do not have to always agree.  It is my belief that healthy debate of the issues (when done in a respectable manner) is important in our efforts to improve our tomorrow.

In the beginning of my adult life I was a registered Democrat.  I grew up in a family of Democrats.  My parents are very loyal Democrats that to this day and do not trust anything the Republican's say.  As I have aged and matured into my own being, I find that neither party "talks to me" directly per se.

If asked, I believe that I am a Fiscal Conservative, but lean towards being a Social Liberal.  The older I get I find myself agreeing more with Libertarian ideals in that I want the Government to stay out of my life as much as possible.  But I don't subscribe to all of the Libertarian positions either.

So with that... I hope that you enjoy reading my blog.  Whether you agree or disagree with me, I hope that you will consider my view point while evaluating your own position on a particular issue.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments from both points of view. I reserve the right to delete comments that are personal attacks or name calling towards me or another commentator. One of the many things that is great about our country is that we have the right to our opinions. Let us all be adults about it no matter if we agree or disagree.